Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Cooperage - a gift shop in Townsend, Mass.

I discovered the cutest store this weekend! It's the kind of place that makes me fall in love with New England all over again. It is an old mill building right on a rushing waterfall, and it's called The Cooperage. They have an eclectic mix of items and a wonderful, warm atmosphere. If you click here for their web site, you can see a photo gallery of the inside and outside of this lovely old store. The owner, Susan Bates, is the nicest lady who just loves to talk with her customers. When I was there, an adorable little sheep--I mean, a DOG--got down off his cozy spot on the couch and let me pet his soft curly hair. I was enchanted with the sweet little fellow (and that is really saying something since I generally am not considered a "dog person".)

I had a really good time there, and of course my full disclosure would not be complete if I didn't say that Susan also bought a bunch of my cards and magnets. She's got an "animal corner" of her store with animal-themed gifts, both for humans and for the animals (like catnip).

I'd probably say more, but I am being called by my son...he needs help with yet another project involving the Solar System.


No comments: