Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wal-Mart and the community-owned store

Last night on NPR I heard about a community-owned department store in the Adirondacks that was one town's answer to a proposed Wal Mart there. So, I decided to Google it and find out more. In the process I came across this funny quote that I just had to pass along:

Take Wal-Mart, the most famously offensive, town-destroying, junk-purveying, labor-abusing, sweatshop-supporting, American-job-killing, soul-numbing, hope-curdling retailer in the known universe, moving upward of $300 billion in cheap mass-produced slurm every year via more than 5,000 landscape-mauling eyesore stores stretching all the way from Texas to China and Argentina and South Korea and Mexico and your backyard.
--Mark Morford, San Francisco Chronicle

There's nothing I can add to that. :-)

Even if there were, I don't have the time. I am SO busy, making new art, redesigning my web ite (I plan to go "live" this weekend 3/15 or 3/16/08), finding new markets for my cards....the blog suffers.

No comments: