Friday, July 24, 2009

Sterling, Mass. Farmers Market

We just got back from the Sterling, Mass. farmers' market. Very nice! There was a young man there with guitar, performing for the crowd. He did mellow, relaxing James Taylor-type tunes; it complemented the farmers' market very well. My son had ice cream from one vendor and a cookie from another. I sampled some marinated goat cheese from Crystal Brook Farm (of Sterling) and wonderful baguettes at another booth. I seriously wanted to buy both of them, but I found out the hard way that there are no ATMs from my bank between my home and this market. (Note to self for next time!) There were wonderfully woolly alpacas in a pen, several booths with vegetables and blueberries, one with fresh coffee, and a face painter too! The atmosphere was warm, busy and friendly. A very enjoyable experience.

I had visited there to help out with the table of the ALOHA homeschoolers' co-op. Located in Central Mass., ALOHA is a secular homeschooling co-op that we belong to, and we were helping to just get the word out about the group in the hopes of getting new families to join.

Sterling Farmers' Market takes place every Friday from June to September, from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm., right in the center of town.

No comments: