Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Seeking the Good

I will likely be starting a new blog soon, inspired by some truly angry and bitter rantings by a close family member. My desire in starting the blog is to be able to share (and learn from others) regarding my choice to move TOWARD "The Good." That is to leave behind the petty, the angry, the dysfunctional, the short-sighted, the selfish, and move toward living a life that respects the truth, seeks wisdom and beauty, embraces the positive, and so on.

Obviously I am too busy to have the two blogs that I already have, and one might question the wisdom of starting yet another one. However, these things are important to say and discuss. And today on my Facebook page I saw a perfect example of seeking "The Good." Read this passage by Barbara Scofidio, owner of Noa Gifts (Groton & W. Concord, MA). Here's her quote:

"
So, when we were building the addition, we had to cut some trees, including black walnuts. We knew they could be used for furniture so we advertised them on craigslist and the nicest man, Buzz, bought them. Yesterday, two years later, he brought us this amazing bowl he made from our trees as a gift. It has 600 pieces of wood (black walnut, cedar and cherry) from our yard and measures over 16"!

I love it. Thanks, Barbara!

1 comment:

The Filigree Garden said...

What a nice story and a beautiful way to preserve the memory of the trees.