Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blushing Bee Naturals - Holden, Mass.

Driving down Main Street in Holden, Massachusetts, I used to see a tiny storefront shop called Blushing Bee Naturals. I kept meaning to go in there, but there didn't appear to be any parking so I usually kept going.

Good news! They've relocated to 787B Main Street, next door to the Sheep Shack, Pet Barn and The Bagel Inn. Plenty of parking made it easy for me to stop in there the other day, and I'm glad I did. I got to chat with the extremely cheerful and positive owner, Kathy Leal, who helped me pick out an exfoliating facial cleanser that I am thoroughly enjoying. It has natural ingredients, it smells good, it works...who could ask for more?

The store is bright and cheerful and just packed with natural soaps, cleansers, accessories and other gifts. One in particular stuck out in my mind--a very reasonably-priced little group of square scented candles, stacked one above the other, all connected by a single wick. I wish I could remember the price, but with their little square dish I am pretty sure it was around $11 or so (don't quote me!). They had funny greeting cards and jewelry there, too.

My 6-year old son was with me, and after he finished organizing the beeswax soap display and looking all around at the colorful, wonderful-smelling merchandise, he became bored and prevailed upon me to leave. But I will definitely go back again (without him) so I can take my time and really look around.

Kathy says she does not have a web site and that they get their business by word-of-mouth, and since I'm sitting here blogging about the cheerful & helpful customer service and their wide range of yummy products--I can see her point. :-)

No comments: