Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year


Hi all; sorry I've been away for a while. Christmas has that effect on you when making gifts is your business. :-) Not that the new year has brought much of a break--I'm busy making new, fun creatures for the Kids' Expo I am in this February 2nd. I'm using the jigsaw to cut out whimsical animals for kids' rooms. I call them "Mural Shapes" (for lack of a better name) because you can really create a mural-like effect with these--without the hassle of having an artist set up shop in your kid's room and paint directly on the walls. Not to mention that they're removable, for when you move or redecorate.

I photographed this T-Rex on the couch next to an Etch-a-Sketch, for a sense of scale. These Mural Shapes attach to the wall with just a few nails placed through the black areas, which are then practically invisible if you blacken them with a Sharpie marker.

For info on the Kids' Expo, visit my Kids' Art web page and scroll down to the bottom. Here's the link:
http://www.jennilesart.com/artforkids/index.html


No comments: