Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lip Gloss Productions


I came across another creative entrepreneur today, in the most unexpected way. I was in the city helping my friend who is looking for an apartment, and in a rather rough-around-the-edges section of Boston we stumbled upon an open house in a place called Lip Gloss Productions. What could it be, I wondered. Well we walked through the door with the hand-painted sign and grapevine wreath, down some stairs to the basement level, where we found ourselves plunged into a veritable wonderland of colorful fleece! Fleece items hanging from the ceiling, covering the tables, spilling out of bins, hanging from racks and being admired by customers. A sewing machine in the back was surrounded by fabric and thread on every available surface. A room positively overflowing with creativity! Darting around the room with a high energy level that could only mean "I'm the owner of this place," was Suzy Peabody.

Suzy's business card says "Clothing manufacturer, sample, production & consultant services," but the side of her we saw was creator of fun fleece clothing and accessories. Her fleece hats, scarves, mittens and more have her own distinctive style...the most popular theme is--hmm--how do I say it--dots, or flowers. Let me explain! Many items are adorned with little fleece flowers created from a series of cutout dots layered atop each other. And at the center of the flower---a handmade button created by none other than Suzy herself. Other items have dots cut out of them (hmm. Now that I think of it, I see the connection....those flower-dots have to come from somewhere!)

I hope Suzy had a successful open house. I was happy to buy some Christmas-gift scarves there, and a hat for myself in a vivid purple/pink combination. When I get a photo from her I will put it (or them) up here on the blog. She doesn't have a web site...yet. Telephone: (617) 269-0047 or Email: lipglossproductions@comcast.net

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.