Saturday, December 12, 2009

Alexis Grace Consignments - Worcester, MA

I discovered a great consignment shop today, called Alexis Grace Consignment. I never would have found this place because it's located in a convenient but out-of-the-way location. What do I mean by that? Well, it's conveniently located right in Worcester in what I think is the Green Island neighborhood. But it's a street I would never go down otherwise. (7 Harrison Street, not far from Kelley Square) Today I was searching for some products by Worcester soap and candle-maker Melanie Paradise of "A Fragrant Paradise" - I had heard that Alexis Grace carries her line of products.

The minute I walked into Alexis Grace I knew I'd like it. It was attractively designed and, unlike so many other consignment shops, the tables and displays were not smooshed together. The spacious and lovely store made looking at the clothing, jewelry and other products a real pleasure. And the low prices were an even greater pleasure!

The co-owner, Mary, had a mug on her counter from which a wonderful hazelnut coffee smell emanated. When I approached, I did a double-take. "Your coffee's on fire!" I joked. Sure enough, it was a candle made by A Fragrant Paradise. If you can get past the idea of flames in your coffee cup, you will LOVE these candles. They smell so good; the entire room fills with the wonderful gourmet-coffee scents! I picked one up for my mother-in-law for Christmas. It's an attractive mug with a candle that looks like coffee with a pouf of whipped cream on top, and it's only $12.95.

If you like consigment shops you will love this one. There's even a back room where out-of-season bargains can be found. Parking can be found on the street OR in a little parking lot directly across the street from the shop.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I am glad you liked them Jen! I love to get reactions and feedback for my products. Thank you for sharing!

Melanie Paradise
A Fragrant Paradise

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you and your son the other day. Thank you for blogging about our boutique.
Leah

Alexis Grace said...

OOPS, clicked the wrong button. Didn't mean to click "anonymous" Again, thanks for the write up and the positive review. Hope to see you again soon.
Leah

Anonymous said...

This is my first time on the site, very nice site and great store:) How can I follow?

Jen Niles said...

Are you referring to how to follow my blog? There's a little button to the right hand side that says Follow. Just click that and I believe that ought to do it.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the shop.